A beautiful smile gives life to your physical appearance, boosts your self-confidence, and enhances social acceptance. Healthy teeth are crucial for an aesthetic smile. But not all can be blessed with it. Fret not! Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way in helping people revitalize their smiles. Zoom! Chairside teeth whitening system is one such appealing cosmetic treatment that has become increasingly popular globally.
The cosmetic dentist in Fresno, CA, and their team are highly skilled in providing teeth whitening procedures to rejuvenate your smile, thereby enhancing your overall appearance.
An introduction to Zoom! Teeth whitening system
Zoom! Teeth whitening is a popular brand involved in the process of bleaching your teeth that are stained or discolored. It is a painless and non-invasive method of brightening your stained teeth to 2 to 3 shades lighter.
Causes of tooth discoloration:
- Aging process
- Excess tobacco use
- Drinking tea or coffee
- Side effects of certain medications like tetracyclines and antibiotics
- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause
The science behind teeth whitening treatment
Zoom! whitening system involves the use of a special bleaching gel that is applied to your teeth and activated using a curing light.
- Hydrogen peroxide (2.5%) is an active component of the Zoom! teeth whitening gel, which, when applied to the teeth, gets activated by a mercury metal halide light.
- This specialized light consists of a unique infrared filter that reduces the amount of heat and sensitivity on the tooth surface during the procedure.
- The hydrogen peroxide gel, when activated, breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles that are responsible for eliminating the stains on your teeth.
Understanding the procedure
Zoom! teeth whitening procedure requires a proper evaluation of your stained teeth to determine the extent of discoloration.
Your dentist will:
- Perform a deep scaling of your mouth to eliminate plaque and debris.
- Provide special eyewear and a splash guard for protection from the halide light and bleaching agent respectively.
- Place a cheek retractor to expose your teeth.
- Protect gums with a special paint to reduce sensitivity.
- Apply the whitening gel to the teeth.
- Target the gel using a halide light to activate it.
- Remove the gel after 15 minutes and rinse the mouth thoroughly.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times every 15 minutes until the desired result is achieved.
Zoom! teeth whitening system is an effective procedure that imparts a beautiful, sparkling smile. However, it is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women. Seek advice from your dentist before opting for it.